Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Five -- Suzanne Lazear


This week's author is another 2k12 Classmate, and I'm thrilled to get the chance to talk a little about her novel, INNOCENT DARKNESS, which was published by Flux on August 8.  Suzanne is an avid Steampunker, runs with bustles, invents cupcake cannons and lights up Twitter when she gets going on a topic.


THE FIVE:

1.  What would your super power be?

I’d want to be telekinetic. Or Fly. Yeah, flying would be awesome.

2.  What is the worst thing anyone has said to you?

I had a teacher tell me I’d never be an author.

3.  What is your guiltiest pleasure? 

Chocolate! I especially love the dark chocolate pistachio toffee from Trader Joes.

4.  What is the worst job you’ve done?

In Grad School I spend an entire summer stuffing envelopes while standing up for a reputable organization.  I was promised a stipend for the summer and never paid.  I actually did additional work for them in the fall because they told me if I did they could make sure I was paid.  I still was never paid. When I finally worked up the nerve to approach someone they called me a liar and sent their lawyer after me. It was awful.

5.  What keeps you awake at night?

Odd things – like did Werewolves live in the Wild West? What if only half the world died – would it still be an apocalypse?  Half the time these odd thoughts become stories.

ABOUT INNOCENT DARKNESS:

Wish. Love. Desire. Live.

Sixteen-year-old Noli Braddock's hoyden ways land her in an abusive reform school far from her home. The school slowly tries to strip Noli of everything that makes her who she is. On mid-summer's eve she wishes to be anyplace but that dreadful school. The mysterious Kevighn Silver from the Realm of Faerie rescues her and brings her to the Otherworld, only to reveal that she must be sacrificed, otherwise, the entire Otherworld civilization will perish.

ABOUT SUZANNE:

You can find Suzanne on her website.
On Twitter.
And on Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment